MESSIAH LUTHERAN CHURCH
Portland's Finnish Church
at Nordia House
Bilingual services every Sunday at 10 am
in the Messiah Lutheran Church (MLC) Room
To see more information about the MLC
visit their website!
A small group of Finnish immigrants established a Finnish Church on September 7, 1902. The congregation joined the Suomi Synod, and in 1914 they bought their own church at the corner of Kerby Avenue and Fargo Street. On the congregation's 50th anniversary, a new church was dedicated on Commercial Avenue. The membership grew and the church activity was strong for about twenty years.
June 15, 2015 was an historic occasion when Nordic Northwest and the Church finalized their 30-year Use Agreement and the Church moved to its new home in Southwest Portland in the newly constructed Nordic Cultural Center, Nordia House.